Monday, February 21, 2011

What I done did

I have been getting some things done these days. Want to see?

Faroese Footlets! 'Cause I wanted slippers and I wanted to practice new skills. These are my second time working in fair isle (the first was over a year ago), and I learned to crochet so I could put the edging on them (if it wasn't there, they'd be a terrible fit). These are cute and all, but I lost sight of my desire for, you know, SLIPPERS (like serious, big, cushy ones) when I saw these cute booties. The *persimmon* was a gift from Matt's mom, and the gray was the same type of yarn that I've been holding onto for a while. I'm thinking about sewing some leather to the bottom of these to make them a little more sturdy, but lookit how nice:

Just to rub all over the floor.

And so, once I figured out how to crochet, I made this little friend:


I improvised the whole thing, and I think it looks pretty nice. I even managed a little dimple for the spout!

(That's all. Just showin' off.)

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Holy hannah!
Your talents are incredible.