Monday, February 14, 2011

Funday Monday

Today it looked like this outside:


This is what I get in return for the not-making of a path for myself to the door. Or for the mail carrier. They scribbled 'NEIGE' across a letter and after I discerned that that was, in fact, written from the mail carrier and not the friend who wrote the letter (more difficult to decide than you might think), I started to wonder if they'd withhold mail.
Tonight I tried to shovel it away but I could only find the kind with two handles, a big scoop. It must have looked very funny, trying to push away knee-deep snow with no leverage at all. Chalk it up to my being Ontarian, or something. I hand't minded trudging to my door until it burst open this morning when I undid the lock. And hard a very hard time closing it again.

Instead of shovelling and going to my contact lens appointment, I did these things instead:

Violets for a February birthday.

Hot Toddy! That was noon, so?

And, snowy Monday soup lunch- fennel, cabbage, turnip, apples, and quinoa.

I did responsible things, also, and other craft things. I managed to get much done which was much needed, though I still manage to feel lazy.

(I think it's 'cause my butt goes numb.)

1 comment:

Scott Herder said...

My goodness gracious. I would say that you are very good at winter.