Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Vélo!

I remembered that I really like working on my bike (I am starting to buy some tools!). I remembered, too, how absolutely freeing it is to be able to ride a bike to get around- I can do more things in a day, I'm less exhausted at the end of it, and I can take my time before and after transporting my own self. I'm falling in love all over again. I wheel down the road with a goofy grin on my face, sometimes singing, because: can't anyone else understand how important this little machine is?

That being said, the roads are icy and gritty as hell. I do my best to avoid the rough patches, but to avoid wett-butt I made this nice little fender friend out of old cider bottles and electrical tape. Pack-rat wins again! I'm going to make one to attach to the downtube, to protect my precious shins, and maybe paint it. Mustard or silver?

No comments: